Thursday, December 20, 2007

::sigh::

Back in Green Bay with my family on a hiatus from blogging.... and life in general.

Things are not too great for me right now so I decided to seek professional help. I don't know if it is just because I did that in Green Bay or if this is a trend but my new therapist actually looked me straight in the eye and said "what the heck is women's studies?"

Maybe I should have run right out the door as soon as the words left her mouth but my tremendous anxiety and constant nausea won out and I stayed. I will be seeing her regularly until I decide I can return to Chicago without having a total mental and emotional breakdown.

On the plus side anti-anxiety meds are pretty neat.

Hopefully I will feel up to blogging and/or reading other feminist blogs soon. Those activities used to make me very happy. When I return you can expect at least one more post about "The Office" and of course, Britney's Spears' little sister. I have things to say and hopefully will soon have the energy and presence of mind to say them.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aww. Hope you feel more up to blogging soon, 'cause I for one like to read what you have to say. :)

Unknown said...

I thought everyone had a therapist! *wink* Good luck...hope you come back soon!

Cortney said...

Thanks for the support! It really does mean a lot.

I actually did have a therapist about six months who was amazing. She was a clinical social worker and also a total feminist! I loved seeing her. Unfortunately she is in Milwaukee and I am not...