Friday, February 22, 2008

"I'm already pregnant so what other kind of shenanigans can I get into?"

Image Via

I finally saw Juno. I think I am the last feminist alive to see it but I am not a big movie goer. Not really in the mood to go into an analysis of it but I enjoyed it a whole lot. If not for the atrocious indie-gross sound track I'd even go so far as to say I love it. By the end I felt like I was going to puke if I heard one more f-ing mopey guitar riff.

Maybe I'll write more later but for now I'll just say that I LOVE any movie about teenage pregnancy that does not make the young woman look like a victim. Yay!

9 comments:

Unknown said...

I second that!

Tali said...

I loved Juno as well, and I love Ellen Page (and Diablo Cody) for speaking out in support of choice and Planned Parenthood in the interview Kat mentioned. But wait a second! I happen to love Kimya Dawson's music :-)

Radical Reminders said...

I absolutely fell in love with Ellen Page because of Juno so i looked her up to see what other awesomely progressive movies she's done and watched Hard Candy over the weekend. Oh my goodness, you absolutely HAVE to watch Hard Candy - Page plays a 14 year old who meets a 30+ year old online and decides to meet him in person, the whole movie is amazing - let me know if you end up watching, we can discuss :)

Bianca Reagan said...

If not for the atrocious indie-gross sound track I'd even go so far as to say I love it. By the end I felt like I was going to puke if I heard one more f-ing mopey guitar riff.

That's what I'm saying, yo!

Cortney said...

Wow I did not put two and two together. I had no idea she was also in Hard Candy. I have seen that movie and I loved it. (especially that gratuitous castration scene...) Thanks for reminding me I have been meaning to blog about it.

fendervixen said...

i haven't seen Juno...thanks for the great review because i just might have to go see it ASAP now!

Cortney said...

You should see it! It is really funny. I am sad that I waited so long!

Radical Reminders said...

I thought of you when i saw a commercial for this show... I hope you'll write about it :) http://www.wetv.com/shows/bulging-brides/

Cortney said...

OMG! That is unbelievable. Thanks for the tip!